Sunday, 21 October 2012

Review: Trailblazer's Japan by Rail

A must-have guide with detailed information about Japan's railways

JAPAN BY RAIL
By Ramsey Zarifeh
Trailblazer
ISBN 9781905864393
Price: £15.99
Website
All images: Trailblazer

I have long been a fan of the Trailblazer guide books, they contain a wealth of important and useful information and cover adventurous and unusual routes and places. Though there are a few Trailblazer guides in my library I'm sorry to say that I'd never got around to adding Japan by Rail until recently when Trailblazer were kind enough to send me a copy. And I'm happy to say that the book definitely lived up to my expectations.
Japan by Rail's focus is, as the name suggests, the railways of Japan and contains pages of detailed route maps and useful facts and figures.

My favourite feature of the book however is the descriptions of the towns and cities along the each railway route. As this often includes lesser known places Japan by Rail is a great guide for those who like to get off the beaten track.

I recommend Japan by Rail for anyone visiting Japan, even if they intend to do only a little train travel as it includes many of the features of an average guide book. It has city maps and guides, details of places to stay and eat, interesting facts about the country and its history and a basic phrasebook. There is also a section of practical information useful for anyone planning a trip to Japan and, of course, detailed information about the Japan Rail Pass.

For more information about Trailblazer's Japan by Rail visit their website where you can read sample extracts and buy the book online.





0 comments :

Post a Comment