107 -111 Briggate
TEL: 0113 245 0612
View location on a map
Images: Yo! Sushi
On the 5th floor of luxury department store Harvey Nichols is the Leeds branch of conveyor belt sushi chain Yo! Sushi. The decor is bright, fun and lively with TV screens playing cute animations and once inside you can choose to sit at the bar or at a table both of which are next to the conveyor belt so that you can help yourself to any passing dishes that take your fancy. Aside from the selection of sushi, sashimi, salads and desserts circulating the restaurant there is also a menu which offers even greater choice and hot dishes of noodles, rice and gyōza dumplings. Drinks range from Japanese beers and sake to wine and soft drinks, for £1.05 you can help yourself to unlimited glasses of still or sparkling water from tabletop taps or, if you fancy something truly Japanese, you can order unlimited refills of green tea for £1.50. I enjoyed a couple of glasses of prosecco which went very well with the sushi.
- served in the pod with salt flakes
- not quite authentic but still delicious topped with fruity sauce and mayonaise
Crispy Salmon Skin ISO (Inside-out) Roll
- tasty crispy pieces of salmon skin wrapped in nori then rice.
Spicy Chicken ISO (Inside-out) Roll
- yummy chicken katsu wrapped in nori then rice coated with spicy shichimi powder
- lovely sweet pancakes filled with custard
- filled with rich chocolate ganache and lovely dipped in the raspberry sauce served with the Dorayaki
Service at Yo! Sushi Leeds was relaxed and friendly with waiters coming quickly to take our order after we pressed the call button on our table. The self-service style is fun and suited us as we were limited for time. Though the food is not strictly authentic and has obvious western influences it is very tasty. All in all I enjoyed my trip to Yo! Sushi and would happily return.
This review is featured on Urbanspoon